Thursday 30 July 2020

Grey Heron seen from the non-lockdown window

On 24th June 2020 I made a decision to cease recording sightings on a daily basis from what is no longer a lockdown window.

However, I also said that I would continue to post any interesting sightings as and when they arise.

I have continued to hear Green Woodpecker and Great Spotted Woodpecker reasonably regularly and I have occasionally seen the former just outside the flats where I live clinging to a tree. I have also continued to see Swifts, albeit usually single birds.

The sighting of a Common Buzzard on 9th July 2020 has been the most noticeable record since I ceased recording on a daily basis.

Today at 7:10 a.m., I heard a calling Grey Heron which eventually came in to view from an easterly direction as it passed over the flats. It then circled briefly, still calling, before deciding to fly off south.

Over the years, I have occasionally seen a Grey Heron from my flat or when visiting my St. Nicholas Church site. However, during the lockdown period, I recorded it on 3 separate occasions which suggests that it is perhaps a more numerous fly-over species than I had previously thought. During the lockdown period, I also saw this Grey Heron at Gloucester Park during the short time that I was visiting this site regularly.

























💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.