Tuesday 9 May 2023

Record from my flat - Common Buzzard

Until today, I hadn't seen a Common Buzzard from my flat or at my nearby St. Nicholas Church local patch site since 30th March 2023 and 17th April 2023 respectively. The early spring had provided me with regular sightings.

However, today at 12:30 p.m., I saw a single Common Buzzard flying in a southerly direction and being pursued by a Carrion Crow

I have recorded Common Buzzard sightings from my flat since 2021. Sightings are increasing and last year I was almost convinced that there was a resident and possibly nesting pair in the area since I also frequently saw birds over my nearby local patch site around St. Nicholas Church.

This is the summary of my Common Buzzard sightings from my flat for the last 2 years ....

2021: 11 dates with those records involving 13 birds

2022: 26 dates with those records involving 38 birds

This is the summary of my Common Buzzard sightings from my flat for 2023 to date ....

February: 23rd (a single bird)

March: 11th (a single bird), 12th (a single bird), 18th March 2023 (a single bird), 19th March 2023 (a single bird), 30th March (a single bird)

May: 9th May (a single bird)

2023 to date: 7 dates with those records involving 7 birds

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.