Monday 15 May 2023

Trip away from SS15 – Wales

I booked a rental car from 12th to 14th May 2023 for a trip away from home to include visits to a number of sites in Wales.

This was my second spring birding trip by car away from home after my first from 15th to 17th April 2023 when I visited a number of sites in EssexKent and Suffolk (see here). Again, my aim was to primarily add species to my 2023 UK year list.

My trip provided excellent birding opportunities including 21 additions to my 2023 UK year list taking it to 175 species.

The 21 additions to my 2023 UK year list were as follows: Shag, Osprey, Red Grouse, Black Grouse, Common Sandpiper, Arctic Tern, Guillemot, Razorbill, Black Guillemot, Puffin, House Martin, Dipper, Common Redstart, Whinchat, Garden Warbler, Wood Warbler, Willow Warbler, Pied Flycatcher, Treecreeper, Chough, Raven

In addition, I recorded 3 mammal species (Brown Hare, Rabbit, Grey Squirrel)

I visited the following sites: 

World's End and the Ruabon Moors, Denbighshire

RSPB South Stack and Holyhead Harbour, Anglesey

NWWT Cemlyn, Anglesey

Glaslyn Ospreys, Gwynedd

RWT Gilfach near Rhayader, Powys

RSPB Carngafallt near Rhayader, Powys

Llanddeusant Red Kite feeding station, Carmarthenshire

See here and here for further information and photos.

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.