Thursday 12 August 2021

More on the Pied Flycatcher near St. Nicholas Church on 13th April 2021

On 13th April 2021, I had the remarkable sighting of a male Pied Flycatcher on my St. Nicholas Church local patch site .... see here for the full story on "patch gold".































Today, I received the latest copy of "Essex Birding", the bi-annual publication of the Essex Birdwatching Society, of which I am a long-standing member.

"Essex Birding" always includes a regular round-up of sightings across the various areas of Essex for the previous quarter.

This time the section on "Langdon Hills and Thamside Nature Park" included the following record: "On 13th April, one lucky patch watcher found a male Pied Flycatcher: this from the area of woodland scrub surrounding St. Nicholas Church in the NE of Laindon".

That will be me then 😀

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.