Monday 9 August 2021

Records from my flat - Canada Geese (again) and Grey Heron

After seeing a fly-over group of c.40 on 5th August 2021 and a fly-over group of c.25 on 8th August 2021, I saw yet another group of c.15 Canada Geese at 10:15 a.m. this morning heading in a southerly direction. 

This species is a common resident at nearby Gloucester Park where a few pairs also breed and I usually see them on a few occasions from my flat each year. However, 3 groups in 5 days is unprecedented.

Grey Heron is another species that I see occasionally from my flat and they are not difficult to identify being a large bird with a typically slow and lumbering flight. This evening I saw a Grey Heron at 8:10 p.m. flying in surprisingly quickly from the south and then suddenly veering off to continue in a north westerly direction. 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.