Saturday 8 August 2020

Common Buzzard seen from the non-lockdown window (again)

On 24th June 2020 I made a decision to cease recording sightings on a daily basis from what is no longer a lockdown window.

However, I also said that I would continue to post any interesting sightings as and when they arise.

On 9th July 2020, I saw a Common Buzzard from my flat window flapping and gliding slightly lazily and heading away from the flats in a westward direction.

Today at 1:20 p.m., whilst following Hen Harrier Day on the live stream on You Tube, I was able to watch another Common Buzzard soaring over the woodland over towards St. Nicholas Church. One raptor flying in celebration of another!

As I wrote in my blog post on 9th July 2020, compared with when I first started birding, when Common Buzzards were mainly found in upland areas in the west and north of the UK, I now see this bird of prey on a regular basis in Essex and other parts of East Anglia following their significant range expansion.

This was my 3rd record of Common Buzzard from my flat window.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.