Wednesday 5 August 2020

Red Fox seen from the non-lockdown window

On 24th June 2020 I made a decision to cease recording sightings on a daily basis from what is no longer a lockdown window.

However, I also said that I would continue to post any interesting sightings as and when they arise.

I see Red Foxes from my flat on a reasonably regular basis, the most recent being on 20th July 2020 and today I had a further sighting.

At around 8:05 p.m. I became aware of the continuous raucous alarm calling from 2 Magpies.

Alarm calling by corvids, such as Magpie, Carrion Crow, Jay, etc., is often an excellent indicator of the presence of a mammalian or avian predator in close proximity. I have often interpreted it as a message that “I am on my way” when I have been endeavouring to watch Red Foxes around St. Nicholas Church.

Sure enough, as I looked out of my flat window, it took just 2 or minutes or so for a Red Fox to appear walking down the grassy track from the wooded area.

Unfortunately it didn’t turn in to Czarina Rise and walk directly past the flats but instead carried on walking down the grassy track accompanied by the sound of the still scolding Magpies.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.