Monday 30 November 2020

Blackbird heard from the non-lockdown window (again)

On 24th June 2020 I made a decision to cease recording sightings on a daily basis from what is no longer a lockdown window (although it has resumed that status again temporarily until 2nd December 2020).

However, I also said that I would continue to post any interesting records as and when they arise.

Yesterday, rather unusually, I heard a male Blackbird singing from my flat …. see here.

Just to prove that this was not an isolated occasion, I again heard a male Blackbird (possibly the same bird) singing today for about 5 minutes from 4:30 p.m. just after it had gone dark.

Clearly the expectation that Blackbirds resume singing in late January or early February is being proved incorrect with some early starters in my local area!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.