Sunday 9 May 2021

Garden Warbler at Asda!

I didn't have a visit to any of my local patch sites this morning but I did walk over to Asda after the weekly Self-Isolating Bird Club programme followed by a special Skydancer Day - Hen Harrier Day programme had finished.

The northern edge of the Asda site is bordered by some bushes and trees and, as I walked alongside these towards the car park, I heard a bird song which initially reminded me of a male Blackcap.

I quickly realised that it wasn't this species but the closely related Garden Warbler. The bird sang for a few minutes but I wasn't able to see it in the dense vegetation. Nonetheless, it was my first record of Garden Warbler for 2021.

Interestingly, since my last visit to Asda, someone has erected 2 home-made nestboxes in this area of bushes and trees.

Here is the song of the Garden Warbler .... 

.... and here are 2 of my photos of Garden Warbler ....

























Photo: Garden Warbler at RSPB Ynys-hir, Ceredigion


























Photo: Garden Warbler at RSPB Ham Wall, Somerset

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.