Wednesday 19 May 2021

Record from my flat - Collared Doves

Collared Dove is a species that I see on a regular basis from my flat and they have a habit of perching on the rooftops and television aerials of the houses opposite.

Coincidentally, I have recently read an article in "Birdwatching" magazine regarding the Collared Dove which mentions that in Germany it is known as Fernsehtaube. This is derived from Fernseher (meaning "television") and Taube (meaning "dove"), hence referring to its habit of perching on television aerials. I never knew that!

Today a pair of Collared Doves perched up on the top of a lamp post immediately outside my block of flats. I am not sure what the German is for lamp post dove 😀.

This is not the best photo in the world, no post-processing and also a reminder to me that I need to clean my windows 😀.
















💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.