Sunday 9 May 2021

Record from my flat - Hedgehog

The close of this year's Hedgehog Awareness Week saw my first record of a Hedgehog within the immediate area of the block of flats where I live.

Unfortunately, the record was a sad one given that the Hedgehog that I saw this morning on the rear lawn of the communal garden was dead.
















Hedgehogs are predated by both Red Foxes and Badgers. I see Red Foxes regularly in both my street and around the flats and I suspect it was one of these animals that was responsible, unless of course illness or disease was the cause.

Nonetheless, given the massive decrease in the population of Hedgehogs across the UK, it is encouraging that this species is present in the immediate and surrounding areas of where I live.

The only sighting that I have previously had of a live Hedgehog was a presumed juvenile as I walked home down Church Hill from an evening visit to the area around St. Nicholas Church on 29th July 2020.

I am now off to research Hedgehog feeding in gardens ....

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.