Wednesday 28 July 2021

Chris Packham

I have a huge amount of admiration and respect for Chris Packham as an environmental campaigner, a TV presenter and a photographer and I have seen him speak on many occasions over a number of years.

This recent article gives some insight into what an extraordinary individual he is ....

The Guardian - Chris Packham: "People like me have a very aggravated sense of injustice"

Perhaps less well known to many people is his mental health struggles which he has spoken openly about since the publication of Fingers in the Sparkle Jar and in a subsequent BBC documentary. The book is a remarkably honest and courageous personal testimony and I attended one of the publication events in Stratfoed-upon-Avon where Chris Packham was interviewed about it.

On 28th July 2021, BBC 2 broadcast a programme, "The Walk That Made Me". In the programme, Chris Packham carries a 360-degree camera and revisits a natural setting that provided solace during his youth: the River Itchen and Itchen Navigation between Eastleigh and Winchester in Hampshire. As he wanders along his 10 mile walk, he recounts how nature helped him deal with the depression and isolation he experienced as a young man living with Asperger’s Syndrome.

It’s not any old walk, it’s a really important walk to me. I’m going to be following in my distant footsteps, on a path where I grew up. Where I really cut my teeth as a naturalist and had plenty of time to think about the world.

BBC 2 announces Chris Packham: The Walk That Made Me

BBC iPlayer - Chris Packham: The Walk That Made Me














He also speaks very emotionally about the loss of his 2 Poodles, Itchy and Scratcy, who helped him through his mental health struggles. 

The Guardian - Chris Packham reveals wish to have ashes scattered with those of his dogs

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.