Wednesday 21 July 2021

Is anyone else getting increasingly annoyed about e-scooters?

Essex County Council launched trials of e-scooters across the County some months ago, including in my home town of Basildon .... see here.

Apparently the trials are being promoted in the context of the Council's "Safer, Greener, Healthier" transport campaign.

All I have seen is e-scooters being ridden at speed on pavements at great risk to other people, especially to those with visual and hearing impairments. There have already been reports of fatalities in other parts of the country where trials are in place.

When I am out, I nearly always see an abandoned e-scooter or e-scooters. This was the second in as many weeks in my own road.
















And as for "green travel" in urban areas, what is wrong with putting one foot in front of another (it is commonly known as walking) or using public transport? I do both and see no need whatsoever for e-scooters.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.