Friday 2 July 2021

Record from my flat - Common Buzzard

At 1:45 p.m., I heard the distinctive mewing call of a Common Buzzard. 

At first, I was unable to spot the bird from my flat window but eventually it emerged from below the tree line and engaged in a looping, rolling and diving display flight for a few minutes (somewhat late in the year now).

In 2020, I recorded Common Buzzard from my flat on 12 occasions during the summer months and in to September. This year, to date, I have already recorded it on 5 dates: 21st and 22nd March 2021, 27th April 2021, 17th May 2021 and again today.

I was unable to get a photo of this particular Common Buzzard but here is one that I did see and photograph at Noak Bridge Nature Reserve on 29th April 2021 ....
















💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.