Tuesday 20 July 2021

Record from my flat - Green Woodpecker

My early morning alarm call this morning was again a persistently and loudly calling Green Woodpecker for 15 minutes from 5:15 a.m. 

Unlike my last record of this species on 27th June 2021, when I was able to watch and photograph it in close proximity to my flat, on this occasion the bird remained stubbornly hidden, not least due to the summer growth of bushes and trees at the end of my road.

I did, however, see a (silent) Great Spotted Woodpecker fly over.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.