Sunday 6 March 2022

Football stands with Ukraine

 Today is “Derby Day” …. Manchester City v. Manchester United.
 
This is a fixture that has been played for over 100 years and, as a life-long Red, I have seen several “Derby Day” matches at Old Trafford.
 
However, today, I hope that the intense rivalry does not spill over into unnecessary hostility.
 
This is a time for the city to be united and for football to stand in solidarity and support of Ukraine and its people.
 
Manchester City defender Oleksandr Zinchenko is Ukrainian and his powerful, emotional and heart-breaking interview with Gary Linker is well worth listening to.
 
Oleksandr is such an impressive young man at just 25 years old. This transcends football and football rivalries. My thoughts are with him, his family and friends and his fellow Ukrainians.



















































💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.