Thursday 10 March 2022

Record from my flat - Common Buzzards

Following my first record for 2022 of Common Buzzard from my flat on 7th March 2022, I had further sightings today.

After my visit to Gloucester Park (where I also saw 2 Common Buzzards), I was walking home up the grassy strip from the main road to my block of flats when I heard the “mewing” call of a Common Buzzard.

I could not see the bird initially but when I arrived at the communal entrance to the flats I saw 2 Common Buzzards soaring beyond the houses and over the wooded area towards St. Nicholas Church.

After that first sighting at 11:50 a.m., I saw another Common Buzzard very briefly and very distantly beyond the houses to the north west at 12:20 p.m.

In a period of less than 2 weeks since 26th February 2022, I have now seen 10 Common Buzzards in my immediate local area (6 at Gloucester Park and 4 from my flat) although some of these records may well be of the same birds.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.