Tuesday 15 March 2022

Records from my flat - Common Buzzard and Green Woodpecker

Having recorded Common Buzzard and Green Woodpecker from my flat yesterday, there was a repeat performance this morning.

As I arrived home from my visit to Gloucester Park (see here) at 9:25 a.m., I again saw 2 Common Buzzards above the wooded area just beyond the office block adjacent to the block of flats where I live and the houses opposite. They were soaring together and interacting  and one of the birds was constantly calling. After about 10 minutes, both birds disappeared from view.

At 9:45 a.m., I heard the “mewing” call of a Common Buzzard and I again saw presumably the same 2 birds soaring together and interacting above the wooded area. Given the evident size difference and the behaviour, I think this was almost certainly a male and female. After about 10 minutes, the 2 birds were soaring very high and were joined by yet another Common Buzzard

Since 26th February 2022, I have now seen 18 Common Buzzards in my immediate local area (6 at Gloucester Park, 2 in the area around St. Nicholas Church and 10 from my flat) although some of these records are almost certainly of the same birds

Given the activity over the woodland between my block of flats and St. Nicholas Church, maybe a pair of Common Buzzards will settle to breed.

At 10:05 a.m. and again at 10:20 a.m. and 10:40 a.m., I heard a calling Green Woodpecker.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.