Monday 7 March 2022

Record from my flat - Common Buzzard

At 5:45 p.m., I heard the distinctive “mewing” call of a Common Buzzard. A quick look out of my flat window revealed a soaring Common Buzzard being harassed by a Carrion Crow in the gathering darkness before it flew off in a westerly direction.

I saw 4 Common Buzzards at nearby Gloucester Park during a recent visit on 26th February 2022 and it is possible that some or all of these birds may have drifted over my flat.

However, this was my first sighting of Common Buzzard from my flat since 6th November 2021. During 2021, I saw Common Buzzard from my flat on 11 dates with those records involving 13 birds.

As the warmer and sunnier weather of spring approaches, I fully expect to record further sightings of Common Buzzard.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.