Monday 28 March 2022

Visit to St. Nicholas Church and surrounding areas – 28th March 2022

This wasn't a scheduled or normal visit but instead just an early afternoon walk for exercise after the sun appeared following a very misty morning.

However, even without binoculars or camera, I managed to see a Red Fox cross the track from Larkins Tyres, heard 3 singing male Chiffchaffs and added my second butterfly species of 2022 to my site list, namely Speckled Wood (1 seen at the top of Church Hill and 1 seen in the wooded area in the south of the site).

Site totals to date (2022 totals in brackets):

Birds = 56  (35)
Mammals = 6  (3)
Butterflies = 21  (2)
Dragonflies and damselflies = 7  (0)
Reptiles = 1  (0)
Amphibians = 0  (0)

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.