Monday 14 March 2022

Records from my flat - Common Buzzard and Green Woodpecker

After the incredible number of Common Buzzard sightings recently (see here), I added some more this morning.

At 10:30 a.m., I heard the “mewing” call of a Common Buzzard and very quickly located it soaring above the wooded area just beyond the office block adjacent to the block of flats where I live. I watched it for several minutes before it disappeared from view. After around 15 minutes, I heard the “mewing” call again and briefly spotted 2 Common Buzzards interacting in flight before they also disappeared from view beyond the houses opposite my flat.

Since 26th February 2022, I have now seen 15 Common Buzzards in my immediate local area (6 at Gloucester Park, 2 in the area around St. Nicholas Church and 7 from my flat) although some of these records may well be of the same birds

At 11 a.m., I heard a Green Woodpecker calling from the woodland beyond the houses opposite my flat. It continued to do so intermittently for at least an hour. Green Woodpeckers are very vocal with the approach of spring and their breeding season and I recall hearing them on several occasions this time last year.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.