Monday 25 July 2022

It's on the list of “must visit and stay” places

In May 2022, I made the long overdue visit to Knepp Wildland, an incredibly successful rewilding project in Sussex .... see here and here.


Next on my list of “must visit and stay” places is Rewilding Coombeshead in Devon as per the recommendation from Knepp Wildland .... 

Rewilding Coombeshead is a project led by Derek Gow, a working farmer and author. Much of his land is currently being rewilded and there are also breeding facilities for species for which he is a vocal campaigner for re-introductions such as Beaver, Eurasian Lynx, Scottish WildcatWild Boar and White Stork. A stay at the farm allows for the participation in a range of interesting activities.

I have read Derek's excellent book Bringing Back the Beaver” ....























.... and on 30th June 2022, I heard him speak at the launch of his second book Birds, Beasts and Bedlam” which is now waiting to be read.
























πŸ’šπŸ¦† πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‹πŸπŸ¦ŠπŸ¦‘🌼 πŸŒ³πŸ’š
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.