Friday 1 July 2022

Records from my flat - Pipistrelle, Reeves' Muntjac and Green Woodpecker

The first record was strictly speaking not “from my flat”. As I returned home from a trip to London, I was walking towards my block of flats and at 9:55 p.m. I briefly saw a small bat species, a presumed Pipistrelle but, as always, impossible to identify to species level as a Common Pipistrelle or Soprano Pipistrelle without a bat detector. This was my first record in my local area for 2022.

At 1:15 a.m., I again heard “barking” Reeves' Muntjac, a further record since those on 23rd June 2022.

Finally, I heard a loudly calling Green Woodpecker at 8:35 a.m. although, unlike on several other occasions, the bird did not appear on the lawn or on the tree at the front of the flats.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.