Sunday 31 July 2022

Records from my flat .... woodpeckers and Robins

I was woken up very early by an extremely loud calling Green Woodpecker which I assume must have been either in the tree or foraging on the ground in the small patch of communal garden at the front of the flats. Having got up at around 7 a.m., I again heard a calling Green Woodpecker at 7.55 a.m. and shortly afterwards I heard a calling Great Spotted Woodpecker, a species that I hear reasonably regularly from my flat.

Something else that has become apparent in recent days is that Robins have begun to briefly sing again late in the evening and early in the morning. During the spring, Robins are a conspicuous singer but, like most songbirds, they fall quiet in the summer once the breeding season advances and then during their moult. Singing then resumes in the autumn and winter although the end of July does seem to be an early start.

Slava Ukraini! …. Glory to Ukraine!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.