Wednesday 21 September 2022

I have joined Republic

I have joined Republic since quite frankly I have had enough of what has occurred since the death of the queen.

I am pleased and proud to show solidarity with the steadily increasing 25% to 30% of the population who wish to abolish the archaic and anachronistic hereditary monarchy and replace it with a republic with a democratically elected head of state. 

I have been a Republican since I was at school and when I first studied the British Constitution and politics. It is now time to step up and show my support for the campaign.

If a self-entitled, over-privileged, mega-rich and unelected head of state with a grossly dysfunctional family who supposedly rules over us all thanks to an accident of birth is the "best of Britain", we really are lost as a nation.

I outlined my entirely logical and well-argued reasons for abolishing the monarchy during the jubilee …. SS15 wildlife watching: Stuff the jubilee!!!

During the last few weeks following the queen's death, I have written several posts due to my ever-increasing frustration and anger at what is occurring and how it is being reported ….

SS15 wildlife watching: Not my king!

SS15 wildlife watching: Have you heard the one about ....

SS15 wildlife watching: More thoughts on the last few days

SS15 wildlife watching: The entire UK will be closed on Monday 19th September

SS15 wildlife watching: I have had enough of this …. I am going to complain

SS15 wildlife watching: Democracy? What democracy?

SS15 wildlife watching: Waiting for the Thought Police

SS15 wildlife watching: Why did the Queen’s death receive saturation media coveragewhile the future of the Earth goes largely ignored?

SS15 wildlife watching: “The queue”

SS15 wildlife watching: The funeral

Republic quite rightly suspended campaigning in the period up to the queen’s funeral although they did legitimately report on the totally biased media coverage and the totally outrageous arrests of people daring to express an alternative point of view in our so-called democracy.

However, during this period, Republic have had a surge in interest, support and new memberships since the death of the queen. The accession and coronation of a new king, a purely political act, can not go unchallenged and will be met with vigorous campaigning and protests in the coming months.

Here are some articles that actually provide some balanced and factual reporting beyond the all too common media bias ....

The Guardian - Republican campaign groups claim surge in interest since death of Queen

The Guardian - British republicans hold back for Queen’s funeral but plan future protests

The Guardian - ‘I have felt this week I can’t say what I think’ – young republicans speak out

The Guardian - King Charles enjoys surge in support but backing for monarchy is at all-time low

The Guardian - Britain may look united in grief – but polling shows a growing generational divide










































































































💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.