Saturday 3 September 2022

Record from my flat - Chiffchaff

At 9.10 a.m. this morning, I heard 3 brief bursts of song from a male Chiffchaff coming from the wooded area adjacent to the houses opposite where I live.

This was a somewhat surprising record since whilst Chiffchaffs can be heard singing regularly in this area and across my local patch sites from mid-March to the end of May, they then fall silent, other than their occasional contact calls, during the summer and prior to their migration.

Clearly it was either a juvenile male practising his song or an unpaired male still hoping in vain for a successful mating and breeding attempt in early September!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.