Thursday 22 September 2022

Pine Marten spotted in London for first time in more than a century

I recently watched an excellent webinar hosted by the Devon Wildlife Trust in respect of the exciting proposal to reintroduce Pine Martens to Devon.

This followed my post on this very subject earlier in the summer .... SS15 wildlife watching: Bringing back Pine Martens

Now comes the frankly incredible news of a Pine Marten being recorded in London for the first time in more than a century .... The Guardian - Pine Marten spotted in London for first time in more than a century

However, I think it is still going to be some time before Pine Marten can be safely added to the mammal lists for both my local patches!

For the foreseeable future, further trips to the Scottish Highlands will be required to see this wonderful mammal.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.