Tuesday 23 March 2021

National Day of Reflection

Today marks the anniversary of the implementation of the first lockdown which aimed to curtail the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK.

Over 126,000 people in the UK have died from Covid-19 in the last year. Livelihoods and the economy have been decimated. The impact will last for decades.

Too many lives have been cut short, millions of people have been bereaved and the human tragedy continues.

Behind the daily statistics and whatever the cause, every death has been devastating for the people left behind.

Today is a National Day of Reflection which has been organised by the cancer charity Marie Curie. It will be observed across the nation and provide an opportunity to reflect on our unprecedented and collective loss, support those who have been bereaved and hope for a brighter future in the days, months and years ahead.












Join the minute of silence at 12 noon or shine a light at 8 p.m. …. see here.

During this last year, hardly a day has gone by when I have not thought how privileged my brother and I were to spend the last few days and weeks with my Dad in December 2005 and my Mum in September 2018 before they peacefully died. I was naturally very sad but being with both of them was a comfort as was remembering them at their funerals.

I can not even begin to imagine the devastation and unbearable grief of the millions of bereaved people who were unable to be with their loved ones when they were lost to Covid-19 and then unable to attend their funerals.

Today, let's reflect on all those that have died and all those that have been bereaved.



💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.