Sunday 21 March 2021

Record from my flat - Common Buzzard

This afternoon at 4:10 p.m., I had my first sighting of a Common Buzzard from my flat for several months when I saw one fly slowly past in a northerly direction being harassed by a Carrion Crow.

I have already seen a Common Buzzard this year at my St. Nicholas Church local patch site on 9th February 2021 following one on 6th November 2020.

My last records of Common Buzzard from my flat, following 7 records during the summer last year, were on 9th and 12th September 2020 with the last record on 30th September 2020.

To date, I have not been able to photograph Common Buzzard from my flat and I suspect that getting a high quality photo of this species is not going to happen any time soon. However, here are some photos that I have taken in Scotland and Wales.














Photo: Common Buzzard at Ardbeg, Islay, Argyll 













Photo: Common Buzzard at Loch Scridain, Mull, Argyll













Photo: Common Buzzard at Loch Buie, Mull, Argyll













Photo: Common Buzzard at Gigrin Farm, Rhayader, Powys













Photo: Common Buzzard at Gigrin Farm, Rhayader, Powys

























Photo: Common Buzzard at Elan Valley, Powys

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.