Tuesday 16 March 2021

Records from my flat .... the night shift

I had a very poor night's sleep due to the onset of quite severe side-effects to my Covid-19 vaccination the day before. I was very pleased that my turn had been reached for the vaccination but the side-effects were unwelcome if not unexpected. 

Nonetheless, the return of the "night singers" and my insomnia did enable me to listen to the beautiful song of a male Blackbird for a lengthy period of time in the cold, clear and still air of the middle of the night although he was silent when I woke up again at 4:30 a.m.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night,
Take these broken wings and learn to fly,
All your life,
You were only waiting for this moment to arise."

When I woke up again at 6:15 a.m., I heard the much less melodic sound of calling Canada Geese as they flew over followed shortly afterwards by the loud calling of Herring Gulls.

I record the former very occasionally from my flat but I see and hear the latter on most days when they are sometimes joined by the odd Lesser Black-backed Gull.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.