Thursday 25 March 2021

Record from my flat - Blackbird

After my lack of sleep on 16th March 2021 caused by the side-effects of the Covid-19 vaccination, my insomniac records of a singing Blackbird continue.

Last night, at some time shortly after midnight, there was a very brief power cut in the area. This was evidenced by a burglar alarm going off at one of the nearby houses which woke me up and my continually blinking digital alarm clock. Furthermore, when I got up, my microwave oven kindly informed me to "refer to operating instructions before use" (to reset the clock). That can wait since there is wildlife to go out and see and photograph.

At the time of the power cut, I could hear a singing male Blackbird and I continued to do so on and off for several hours as I repeatedly awoke and then went back to sleep.

I am sure that he probably sings most of the night every night but I am not proposing to put that assumption to the test!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.