Friday 9 April 2021

Records from my flat - Blackcap, Green Woodpecker, Grey Heron, Mallards and Canada Geese

There has been a lot of activity today!

I heard my first singing male Blackcap of the year from my flat on 1st April 2021.

This morning, I heard my second at 11:55 a.m., preceded by and followed by a calling Green Woodpecker.

I have heard calling Green Woodpeckers fairly regularly now for some weeks and they have certainly been very visible and vocal around my St. Nicholas Church local patch site.

Given the experience of previous years, I am expecting to hear both Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs on a regular basis as spring progresses.

Later in the day at 5:05 p.m. a Grey Heron drifted slowly past at roof height in a northerly direction followed shortly afterwards by 2 Mallards flying through and heading in the same direction. I have seen both these species several times from my flat. Finally at 5:50 p.m., 2 Canada Geese flew over noisily calling, again heading in a northerly direction. It seems like there has been an exodus from Gloucester Park this afternoon 😀.

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.