Monday 5 April 2021

The vagaries of the weather

Yesterday afternoon was dry and sunny with temperatures reaching 18°C. It was still 15°C when I left home for my evening visit to St. Nicholas Church.

This morning, it was noticeably colder (4°C) when I walked over to Asda for essential supplies .... milk and bread .... and beer 😀 .... and dog food for my nocturnal mammalian friends 😀.

As I left Asda, I heard a male Blackcap briefly singing from the hedges bordering the car park, a definite reminder of spring.

By the time, I reached home, a light snow shower was underway!

Is it really spring or is there still some winter left?

Unfortunately, wildly changing weather patterns are symptomatic of climate change

I have now seen several Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps on my local patch sites and other summer visitors such as Swallow, House Martin, Sand Martin, Yellow Wagtail, Common Whitethroat, Cuckoo, Wheatear, Ring Ousel, Common Tern, Sandwich Tern, etc. have all been reported in Essex in the last week or so.

Some of these birds must be wondering this morning why they started their spring migration so early!

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.