Monday 15 June 2020

From my lockdown window – 15th June 2020

Today was again a reasonable day with a good number of species recorded and some notable records.

The day started with a loudly singing male Blackbird at 4:00 a.m. but the highlight was a “barking” Reeves Muntjac' between 7:00 a.m. and 7:10 a.m. although it was very distant in the direction of St. Nicholas Church.

I heard a singing male Blackcap at 6:05 a.m., 7:30 a.m. and 9:15 a.m. and a singing male Chiffchaff at 10:10 a.m. although both species were very distant.

A Green Woodpecker was again evident today and I heard one calling briefly at 9:05 a.m. and again, or another bird, at 4:30 p.m.

Finally, I heard at least one “screaming” Swift at 6:15 p.m. but I failed to see it.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Swift
Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Blackbird
Wren
Goldfinch
Starling
Green Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull

Reeves' Muntjac

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.