Friday 19 June 2020

From my lockdown window – 19th June 2020

Today was a similar day to yesterday but with an even shorter species list although Blackcap, Chiffchaff and Green Woodpecker again provided the highlights.

I heard a singing male Chiffchaff at 6:45 a.m. and a singing male Blackcap on 4 separate occasions during the morning from 7:15 a.m.

After yesterday’s sighting of a Green Woodpecker, I again heard one excitedly calling for about 5 minutes from 5:45 p.m. but it never approached as close as yesterday’s bird and it never showed itself.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Dunnock
Goldfinch
Green Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow

Photo: sunset over SS15 from lockdown window

Photo: sunset over SS15 from lockdown window

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.