Wednesday 17 June 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

Following the amazing encounter with the Red Foxes on my last visit on 13th June 2020, I was brought thoroughly back down to earth (no pun intended!) today.

I watched the same area as on my last few visits but in around 2.5 hours, I had very few sightings and only managed a single photo which is certainly not going to win any awards for sharpness, colour or composition!

I was first alerted to the presence of Red Foxes in the vicinity by the warning bark of the vixen followed by an extremely brief view of one of the cubs bolting through the long grass towards the hedgerow.

I had a longer view of the vixen and one of the cubs as they ate some of the dog biscuits that I had laid down for them. The vixen quickly ran off when she spotted me although I had just about enough time to get my single photo of the cub in poor light and half obscured by grass.


The best moment was when one of the cubs emerged from the hedgerow less than 20 feet from where I was sitting half hidden along the hedgerow line. However, again I was quickly spotted and the cub ran back inside the hedge.

At least I found out today that Red Foxes enjoy Wagg dog biscuits although they didn’t tell me if it was the chicken or “veg and yucca extract” that appealed to them ðŸ˜€. I have a distinct feeling that it may be the former ðŸ˜€. Apparently these dog biscuits help to "reduce flatulence odours" so Laindon can be safe in the knowledge that it will not have any farting Foxes ðŸ˜€.

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.