Tuesday 9 June 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

I watched the same area as on my last 2 visits but it was a slow start today, so much so that I began to think that the Red Fox vixen and her cubs had relocated again.

It was probably at least 30 minutes before the vixen appeared and then over the next 2 hours or so I saw her on several occasions carrying food.

One of my sightings was probably the funniest yet. I was semi-hidden along the line of the hedgerow looking in the direction of where I have most often seen the vixen and her cubs. For some reason, I slightly turned to look back over my shoulder only to see the vixen about 50 feet away watching me!

I managed to get a few photos of the vixen this morning, albeit only record shots which are not particularly sharp.



I also saw the cubs a few times this morning although I am unsure as to how many have survived. The highest number that I saw together was 2. However, it is evident that they are now ranging some distance from the main hedgerow site to explore their local area before returning. 

I had more luck on this visit and managed to get 2 good photos of one of the cubs.


However, as always, I also had a few failures …. this is known as a “scampering bottom” shot 😀 ....



💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.