Thursday 25 June 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

This was my first visit to the St. Nicholas Church area to watch the Red Foxes in over a week.

I watched the same area as on my last few visits and this visit was certainly better than the last in terms of sightings but photographic opportunities continue to be challenging and yet again I only managed a single photo of reasonable quality.

As I approached my usual location, I noticed one of the cubs curled up asleep at the edge of the hedgerow but out in the open. However, it quickly heard me and turned to face me before running off in to the hedgerow.



After about 30 minutes, a lot of alarm calling from Magpies and Carrion Crows suggested that they had spotted a Red Fox. I also managed to spot one of the cubs, albeit a bit of the top of the head and the top of an ear!

Shortly afterwards, the vixen came trotting in with a food item in its mouth and disappeared immediately in to the hedge. After a few minutes, she emerged about 15 feet in front of me and quickly ran off when she saw me. What followed was a lot of vocalisation from the cubs from within the hedge and they were obviously squabbling over the food that the vixen had brought in.

My final sighting was of the vixen returning with one of the cubs closely following behind.

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.