Sunday 7 June 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

Having found the Red Fox vixen and her cubs at a new location on my last visit on 29th May 2020, I immediately started watching the same area when I arrived on site.

After about 30 minutes, the vixen and 2 play-fighting cubs tumbled noisily out of the hedgerow before running back in to hiding.





Over the course of 2 hours or so, I saw the vixen arriving in the area on several occasions carrying food and taking it in to the hedgerow and then leaving again shortly after.




I also saw a cub briefly emerge from the hedgerow a few times but heard them quite often. I didn’t manage to get any photos. The cubs are continuing to grow very quickly and are probably now about half the size of the vixen or maybe even larger.

The new area that I am watching is quite challenging due to the length of the rough grass and other vegetation and this, together with the speed that the Red Foxes move and the limits of the auto-focus on my camera, has meant that to date I have only managed to take a few photos, some as record shots and even less at a satisfactory standard to upload to my main website.

Here are some photos with a head obscured by a lot of grass or just a rear end and tail ðŸ˜€ ….




However, here are the 2 best photos of the vixen from this morning’s visit ….



💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.