Saturday, 8 October 2022

Record from my flat - Common Buzzard

I usually see Common Buzzards from my flat by first being alerted to their distinctive “mewing” call.

However, this morning at 11:50 a.m., I just happened to look out of my lounge window and saw a Common Buzzard flying past in a northerly direction and being hotly pursued by a Carrion Crow.

I had my first Common Buzzard record from my flat for the year (a single bird) on 7th March 2022.

This has been followed by further sightings on ....

March: 10th (2 birds), 14th (2 birds), 15th (3 birds), 18th (2 birds), 27th (a single bird)

April: 3rd (a single bird), 12th (a single bird), 16th (2 birds), 28th (2 birds)

June: 18th (2 birds), 19th (3 birds), 20th (a single bird)

July: 4th (a single bird), 9th (a single bird), 13th (2 birds), 22nd (a single bird), 26th (a single bird), 30th (a single bird)

August: 26th (a single bird)

September: 3rd (2 birds), 12th (2 birds), 21st (a single bird), 22nd (a single bird)

Total 2022 records to date …. 25 dates involving 37 birds.

During 2021, I saw Common Buzzard from my flat on 11 dates with those records involving 13 birds.

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.