Sunday 16 October 2022

Visit to Gloucester Park - 16th March 2022

Date: 16th October 2022

Time: from 9:45 a.m.

Weather: dry, sunny, light wind, 12°C to 14°C

My last visit to Gloucester Park was way back on 15th March 2022. It is no longer a site that I visit regularly due to the number of people around and anti-social behaviour including littering, fly-tipping and vandalism.

However, I visited this morning to contribute to the citizen science project, Autumn Water Watch. This is the first ever observational study of freshwater environments (rivers, streams, lakes canals, etc.) to build a coherent, consistent and comprehensive picture of the state of our waterways.

The Guardian - Britons urged to help monitor state of rivers, streams and canals

Planet Patrol - Autumn Water Watch

Whilst I contributed a lot of information via the Autumn Water Watch app, it was a frustrating visit due to metal fencing/railings preventing any close access to the main lake at the western end and along almost the entire length of the southern edge. It appears that contractors are currently working behind the fencing/railings to lay a solid surface path.

Nonetheless, I did manage to see a Kingfisher flying rapidly along the lake, a fly-over Cormorant and a Grey Heron hunting at the western end of the lake plus I heard a calling Chiffchaff and saw a Green Woodpecker.

#DefendNature .... Please help save and enhance our laws that protect our environment and wildlife 

💚🦆 🦉🦋🐝🦊🦡🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.