Tuesday 14 April 2020

From my lockdown window - 14th April 2020

This was a much better day!

Firstly, I saw 3 fly-over Mallards. Since they flew over my St. Nicholas Church and surrounding areas site, Mallard counts as a new species bringing the site total for birds to 42 species.

Secondly, a large Red Fox casually walked down the road in front of our flats at 8:30 p.m.

For the third evening running, no Pipistrelles appeared for the last hour before darkness although the sky was clear and cloudless and therefore Venus shone brightly as did another star which I believe is Sirius having consulted Sky Map Sky Map on my phone.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blue Tit
Robin
Dunnock
Blackbird
Goldfinch
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Mallard
Lesser Black-backed Gull

Red Fox

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.