Tuesday 7 April 2020

From my lockdown window - 6th April 2020

This was the best day so far from my lockdown window!

In the morning I heard a singing male Blackcap. It is usually later in the spring that I begin to hear these birds from my flat.

I also heard a singing Goldcrest. I have only heard this bird on a single occasion at my St. Nicholas Church site.



At 7:25 p.m., I saw a Red Fox casually walking along the grassy access from our car park to the St. Nicholas Church site before disappearing in to the hedgerow which forms the boundary with the adjacent office block. I have seen Red Foxes before during daylight hours at my St. Nicholas Church site but around the flats I have only seen them once it is dark and usually in the middle of the night when they wake me up with their barking contact calls. Unfortunately, this was only a brief sighting tonight so I was unable to get a photo. However, here is a photo that I took in December 2016 at my St. Nicholas Church site:



Photo: Red Fox

As on previous nights, 1 or 2 Pipistrelles appeared at dusk flying over the treetops and rooftops with the avian accompaniment tonight again being a singing male BlackbirdVenus was not visible tonight due to it being hidden behind a mass of cloud in an otherwise cloudless sky.



Photo: The sun goes down at the end of the day over SS15 …. the view from lockdown window .... almost like the west coast of Scotland ðŸ˜€

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Goldcrest
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Blackbird
Robin
Wren
Dunnock
Jay
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Carrion Crow
Magpie
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Herring Gull

Red Fox
Pipistrelle sp.

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.