Thursday 23 April 2020

From my lockdown window – 23rd April 2020

I saw another Swallow today at 9:15 a.m., again flying through in a northerly direction. 

I also saw a Sparrowhawk on 2 occasions today: the first was at 9:15 a.m. soaring over the treetops and then rising on a thermal until it almost disappeared from view and the second was just a few minutes later gliding through.

Finally, I had my first butterfly record from lockdown window: a Brimstone fluttered through at lunchtime.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Swallow
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Dunnock
Blackbird
Starling
Sparrowhawk
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull

Brimstone

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.