Tuesday 7 April 2020

Visit to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve - 7th April 2020

Date: 7th April 2020

Time: from 7:30 a.m.

Weather: dry, sunny, light wind, 5°C to 12°C

On the approach path from Asda to Noak Bridge Nature Reserve, I heard a singing male Chiffchaff.

At Noak Bridge Nature Reserve, it was evident that the warm weather and southerly winds over the weekend had brought in more Blackcaps and Chiffchaffs and I saw 4 singing males of both species.

I was able to add a further 2 species to my site list on this visit: Grey Squirrel (my first mammal record) and a fly-over Lesser Black-backed Gull.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Wren
Song Thrush
Dunnock
Jay
Magpie
Woodpigeon
Lesser Black-backed Gull

Grey Squirrel

Here are some photos from my visit:



Photo: Chiffchaff


Photo: Robin

Photo: Magpie


Photo: pond south of Eastfield Road entrance

Site totals to date:

Birds = 24
Mammals = 1
Butterflies= 0
Dragonflies and damselflies = 0
Reptiles = 0
Amphibians = 0

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.