Monday 20 April 2020

From my lockdown window - 20th April 2020

I didn’t sleep well last night and woke up at around 4:15 a.m. Although it was still dark, there was already a solitary Robin singing which was joined by a Blackbird at 4:45 a.m.

I watched the sun rise over Pipps Hill at around 6:00 a.m. and then set out shortly afterwards for my walk up to St. Nicholas Church.

After returning from my visit, I saw another Swallow fly through in a northerly direction at 8:15 a.m. 

I saw 2 Sparrowhawks today: the first was at 9:20 a.m. (when it was being constantly mobbed by a Carrion Crow as it tried to soar over the treetops) and the second was at 12:15 p.m.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Swallow
Blue Tit
Robin
Dunnock
Blackbird
Goldfinch
Starling
Woodpigeon
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull



Photo: sunrise over SS15 from lockdown window



Photo: the arty version of sunrise over SS15 through the frosted glass of lockdown bathroom window

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.