Sunday 12 April 2020

Visit to Gloucester Park - 12th April 2020

Date: 12th April 2020

Time: from 7:45 a.m.

Weather: dry, hazy sunshine, light wind, 11°C to 13°C

By the underpass heading to the entrance to Gloucester Park, I saw a singing male Blackcap.

At Gloucester Park, I was able to add a further 2 species to my site list: Blackcap (1 singing male heard) and Chiffchaff (1 singing male heard).

I also heard both Green Woodpecker and Great Spotted Woodpecker although very distantly.

There was a single Cormorant today successfully fishing in the lake.

The Grey Squirrels were doing what they need to do to produce more Grey Squirrels ๐Ÿ˜€.

On my walk home from Gloucester Park, I saw a Peacock.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Wren
Dunnock
Goldfinch
Pied Wagtail
Green Woodpecker
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Carrion Crow
Magpie
Canada Goose
Greylag Goose
Mallard
Coot
Moorhen
Cormorant

Grey Squirrel

Here are some photos from my visit:



Photo: Grey Squirrels producing more Grey Squirrels ๐Ÿ˜€



Photo: Dunnock



Photo: Dunnock



Photo: Great Tit


 Photo: Moorhen



Photo: Moorhen



Photo: Coot



Photo: female Mallard

Photo: Greylag Goose

 Photo: Canada Goose

 Photo: Canada Goose


Photo: Canada Goose


Photo: Canada Goose



Photo: Canada Goose

Site totals to date:
Birds = 25
Mammals = 2
Butterflies = 1
Dragonflies and damselflies = 0
Reptiles = 0
Amphibians = 0


๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿฆ† ๐Ÿฆ‰ ๐ŸŒผ ๐ŸŒณ๐Ÿ’š
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.