Tuesday 14 April 2020

Visit to St. Nicholas Church and surrounding areas - 14th April 2020

Date: 14th April 2020

Time: from 7:00 a.m.

Weather: dry, cloudy, light wind, 4°C to 7°C

After the aborted early morning visit yesterday, I did get out early this morning.

Whilst it was very cold, it was a productive visit and bird song was much more noticeable and plentiful than yesterday afternoon.

I saw 4 singing male Chiffchaffs and 4 singing male Blackcaps with at least a further single singing male of each species heard but not seen. 

In addition, I initially heard and then eventually saw a Green Woodpecker and I also heard a calling Great Spotted Woodpecker.

I also saw a single Grey Squirrel and sadly came across a dead Red Fox.

Species recorded during this visit were as follows (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Wren
Dunnock
House Sparrow
Blackbird
Green Woodpecker
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Jay
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove

Grey Squirrel
Red Fox (dead)

Here are some photos from my visit:



Photo: I am not sure that "bear" can be added to the site mammal list ðŸ˜€

 Photo: Blackbird

 Photo: Robin

 Photo: Collared Dove



Photo: Woodpigeon

 Photo: Greater Periwinkle

 Photo: White Dead-nettle

Photo: Bluebell

Site totals to date:

Birds = 42
Mammals = 4
Butterflies = 15
Dragonflies and damselflies = 3
Reptiles = 1
Amphibians = 0

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.