Wednesday 13 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 13th May 2020

It is becoming increasingly difficult to achieve a good daily sightings list from lockdown window.

The colder and windier weather in recent days certainly hasn’t helped. In addition, the green leaves on the trees and bushes adjacent to our flats have grown considerably over the last few weeks, as should be expected by mid-May, and this makes seeing some of the birds much more difficult.

However, most annoyingly, the return of the incessant sound of traffic on the nearby A127 from early in the morning until late at night has served to drown out much of the bird song.

Today was yet another day with a limited species list and little of note other than a Sparrowhawk soaring at 9:40 a.m. This is my first record of this species since I saw it on 6 successive days to 25th April 2020 and again on 7th May 2020.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blackbird
Sparrowhawk
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.