Monday 18 May 2020

Noticing nature is the greatest gift you can get from lockdown

This is an excellent article by Lucy Jones who is a journalist and the author of “Losing Eden: Why Our Minds Need the Wild”. This is one of a number of books that demonstrate how crucial a connection with the living world and nature is for our minds and mental health.

Noticing nature is the greatest gift you can get from lockdown 

Lucy’s experience mirrors my own:

During lockdown, I’ve come to know my nearest green spaces more deeply and gratefully

Our lives are made from the things we pay attention to. Slowing down and observing – these are radical things to do in our accelerated age. It is only by being in lockdown that I have seen new treasures that I’d previously have overlooked. …. The more we pay attention, the more we see.


💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.